How to Make Dum Aloo
Dum Aloo is one of the famous Indian dishes. Most of us love potatoes , we used to try different potato dishes. These one you can make it either spicy or litlle bit sweet as per your requirement.
You can use dipped cashews in place of cream . If you want you can use both together. It will surely enrich the taste of it.
Note : If you don’t get baby potatoes , you can use large potatoes after cutting it in 2-4 pieces as required.
- 15 Baby Potatoes
- 2 Onions (paste)
- 3-4 Tomatoes (paste)
- 3-4 Garlic Cloves (paste)
- a smal Piece of Ginger (paste)
- 1-2 Green Chillies (paste)
- 1 Bay Leaf (Tej Patta)
- 2-3 Cloves (Laung)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
- 1 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Coriander Powder (Dhania Powder)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cumin Powder (Jeera Powder)
- 1 Teaspoon Salt, or to taste
- 1 Teaspoon Crushed Kasuri Methi
- Corriander leaves for garnishing
- 2-3 tbsp of amul cream
- 5 cup of water
- Cooking oil for deep frying baby potatoes and preparing gravy
Step by Step Instructions
Boil all the baby potatoes. Do not boil till mushy
Once all the potatoes are cooled down , peel it off and deep fry them till they have a little bit of golden outer layer.
Take a pan . Add 2 tbsp of oil
Add bay leaf , cloves . Saute them.
Add green chilly paste ,ginger garlic paste. Saute them till its golden brown colour.
Add onion paste. Saute it properly.
Add salt as per taste.
Add tomato paste. Saute it till it leaves oil .
Add red chilly powder , turmeric powder , coriander powder ,garam masala,cumin powder, kasturi methi.
Saute it for 2-3 minutes.
Add Amul cream to it.
Add deep fried baby potatoes and water to it.
Let them cook in simmer flame for about 5-15 minutes.
Once cooked properly , garnish it with coriander leaves.